So this is Christmas
Here's a quick lowdown* of what I've done during the Christmas holidays.
1. My lovely girlfriend came for Christmas.
2. My brother, aforementioned girlfriend and I went to Midnight Communion in Minstead (where Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is buried**). It was a bit boring. The vicar, who was a Pope look-a-like, had a rather boring voice and talked nonsense: 'You look into the manger and you see Jesus' face saying, "I want to be your friend."' But he did drink the left-over port rather energetically after Communion.
3. I opened Christmas presents. Said presents included a lot of toiletries. I don't know whether there is a reason for this.
4. I ate lots and lots of turkey.
5. I played a lot of bubbleshooter.
6. I went to a birthday party involving scalectrix racing. The person whose birthday it was turned 32 that day, but that didn't mean we didn't have fun eating cake and racing cars. I came last.
7. I ate lots of chocolate, cakes and other food.
...and a happy New Year
Today is New Year's Eve. Every year, according to tradition, our family goes to a party at another family's house. Unfortunately, this year, this family have come down with the flu. So this year I'm not doing any thing for New Year's Eve this year. So instead, I'm going to go to have a hot chocolate and go to bed early.
I am also writing a list of New Year's Resolutions. So far it includes:
- Write my dissertation and finish my masters.
- Stop procrastinating.
- Write a novel, have it published, and win the Man Booker Prize.
- Learn to speak Arabic fluently.
- Read the entire Bible. In its original languages.
- Find a job.
- Maybe volunteer abroad. Or get an internship. Win the Nobel Peace Prize for the work I do.
- Get my own Wikipedia article.
Do you have any other suggestions of what resolutions I should make? Anyway, I shall be off, so Happy New Year to you all!
*Just because it rhymes with 'lowdown'.
** Although he's been dead for more than two hours.