Saturday, June 02, 2007

Montmartre

As the weather was so nice, I decided to go to Montmartre to take some pics. The place was crawling with tourists, which at first was slightly quaint, but rapidly deteriorated into some Kafka-esque nightmare of zombies walking mindlessly without any idea of where they were actually going and that there were other people around them. My fault for going to Montmartre (biggest tourist trap of Paris) on a sunny Saturday afternoon, but to my defence, it was the nicest weather today for ages, and I didn't have any photos of Montmartre until today.

The street between the metro stop and the Sacre Coeur, dominated by a mix of tacky souvenir shops (for the tourists) and cheap clothes/fabric shops (for the locals - as it's still in the Barbes-Rochechouart vicinity).
The Sacre Coeur. Swarming with tourists.

The steps leading up to the Sacre Coeur, and as you can see, lots of tourists. Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving, forever?

From the Sacre Coeur looking over to the 13th and 5th.

A street in Montmartre. I'm sure there was something important about this street, but I can't remember.

By the way, if you were disturbed by my sudden psychotic outburst about killing people, I was actually quoting The Third Man by Graeme Greene.

No comments:

Post a Comment