Monday, December 08, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

I've been such a busy bee recently, I haven't updated my blog in ages. Well, actually, I seem to manage to alternate between being incredibly busy and having no spare time to spending a whole day procrastinating playing bubbleshooter. It's an addiction. And I'm not the only one to have it. In fact, I think it's contagious, so for your own health, and for the health of those around you, DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!

So, I was planning to have a quiet, early night tonight, which would have been the first in a week, but I didn't. So I decided that it wouldn't make too much difference if I blogged until the early hours of the morning. I'm not quite sure how the logic worked in that, but I didn't say it needed to be coherent. But if I'm going to say I had a really busy week, I suppose I should really describe it.

Tuesday, I went to church. Nothing abnormal there. Wednesday, after lectures, Lucy came round mine for dinner on a spur-of-the-moment thing, which was nice. Thursday was a very busy day: I had four hours of lectures, I taught for two hours, I watched the last ten minutes of the university pantomime (unfortunately I couldn't see it all because it clashed with my teaching) and then went round to Nicky and Lucy's with a large entourage of people for pizza and wine. It was a rather crazy evening involving politically incorrect comments, charades which rapidly descended into sexually lurid banter, and a cold walk back to the metro. Fun was had by all.

Friday, I was secretly hoping to have an earlyish night, but other friends wanted to go out for drinks near where I live, and so I would have been coerced into joining them. That is, if it wasn't for the fact that both of our plans were scuppered somewhat, since Natasha had painful stomach cramps, which made her worried (read nearly-hysterical), and we, that being Lucy, Nicky and I, took her to Urgences (A&E) in a hospital in the north of Paris. And in my rush to join Lucy and Nicky chez Natasha, I broke a wine glass. A&E a la Paris was an interesting experience, involving screaming men tied up with leather straps being dragged through the waiting room by several policemen. We were there for four hours, playing noughts and crosses, hangman, guggenheim and squares, until we found out that there was no serious cause for Natasha's ailment, and we all went home. So at one o'clock in the morning, I was clearing up broken glass from my floor.

On Saturday I did some adminny things, and then in the evening I went to a friend's for dinner and played pictionnary and charades. It was a very good evening. On Sunday I had a completely fruitless day, then went to church, where for no reason whatsoever I found myself so tired I was almost falling asleep, and then met up with Susannah and Nicky where we had mulled wine in an interesting bar by the Pompidou Centre.

Today, I went to uni, where I watched Casablanca and Le Jour se leve. Afterwards, I went to Starbucks with Lucy and then had dinner chez elle (fish nuggets and potatoes), then watched Fun with Dick and Jane, which was an entertaining film. Three films in one day, that might be a record for me.

Even though my life seemed to be very busy, I managed to do both my translations, of which one was evil, hand them in early, do my stylistics essay and finish my cinema one. That means that over Christmas, I have just one essay to write! Yay! And I've managed to keep my tiny apartment from slipping into a state where it would be uninhabitable, although, apparently, creative chaos is good. I've also managed to play a lot of bubbleshooter.

And just as a little aside, did you click on the link saying "DO NOT CLICK THE LINK"? If so, shame on you.

Anyway, I'm off. Bubbleshooter calls.

3 comments:

  1. If it says that 'comment deleted by author', that was me. I thought it sound twee. I was just gushing about how I liked your post. So like a teaching marking your work: 'They are always and informative, interesting and interactive experience. The discourse is eloquently structured and entertaining through out.' Hope that flattered your ego enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't click on the link. I'm bad enough with procrastination as it is, I can't have a new nasty annoying game creep into my life.

    You're very nasty to tempt your readers in such ways though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Nathan, I know... Mwahahahahaahaha... You haven't heard of tetris friends on Facebook, by any chance, have you? I suggest that you don't play it. It's soooo fun, you'll just spend all your time playing it...

    ReplyDelete