Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm rich!!

I've just found this website on the blog of a friend of my brother's, which tells you how rich you are on a global scale. With my student loan of £4000, I am the 832,998,239th richest person in the world. In other words, I'm in the richest 14% of the world's population. And that's not including gifts I get from family, nor the small amount of money (I say 'small' hesitantly now) I earn doing odd jobs. In other words, I'm pretty rich. If you got 5 random people from around the world, I'd probably be the richest there. To make it into the richer half of the population, you need to earn just over a tenth of what I do, or £461 a year. A YEAR! That wouldn't pay for a month of my rent... Well, that's food for thought, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment